Valentine’s Day is a day of recognizing love - but it doesn’t have to be love for your significant other, it can be about expressing your love for anybody that it’s important for you.
Gifts are a wonderful way to express your love and show them that you’re thinking about them. Who doesn’t love chocolates, flowers, and champagne… BUT, you know what people love more than just a gift? A heartfelt message that shows how much you care. It’s practically priceless!
At vimi, we’re all about helping you easily create and send memorable, personalized messages that people can cherish forever (or as long as they want - we’re not judging!).
This year, we invite you to make your gift extra special by including a personalized vimi. Would your loved one be over the moon to receive a gift along with a surprise video from you? We’ve compiled a few ideas for gifts as well as what you could create in your vimi… full credit goes to you of course. *wink
As you read, think about what would make your loved ones heart grow 3 sizes that day. Do you know what their love language is? That will help guide you to choosing the perfect gift.
- Take them to all of their favourite places. Perhaps they have a love for a certain coffee or tea shop, restaurant, hike or trail, museum, art gallery, or winery.
- Curate a love box. It’s more than chocolates, flowers, and wine! What else does your loved one adore that you can put in a box and surprise them?
- Couples massage or spa day. If quality time is their love language, this is an excellent option.
- Get a puzzle made of their favourite photo of you two.
- Commission a piece of art from a local artist - perhaps a portrait of a beloved pet?
- Plan out one year of monthly date nights. Use a basket and 12 large envelopes. Gather all of the details for each date night and insert them into the envelopes. Hello, fun anticipation!
- Spiff up a bouquet of flowers with a vimi - banish those impersonal notes.
- Hang a vimi on a beautiful bottle of wine for a night to remember.
- Slip a vimi inside that gorgeous gift box from the jeweller and show your loved one exactly how you feel.
- Have a chocolate lover in your life? Surprise them with a personalized vimi inside the box of chocolates!
- Write out your wedding vows or love letter, then slip a vimi of you reading it inside the envelope. You could also attach this to a gift for something extra special.
- If you have an iPhone, they do cool memory videos that you can use on your vimi - what special memories are on your phone that your loved one might love to reminisce on?
- Place the gift on their night stand with the vimi. Make a recording and tell them why you love them and about all of the fun things you have planned for today.
- Do you have a “spot”? Visit the place you went on your first date or a memorable place in your relationship. Record your vimi there (perhaps telling them all the reasons you love them and an invitation to join you there in the evening)
- Treasure hunt! This one is sooo much fun. Use a series of vimis to create a treasure hunt, each location contains a video clue on where to go next. Make sure there is an epic grand prize waiting for them when they finish!