This policy describes the information we process to support vimi and Smart Tags Products.
I. What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the Smart Tags Products, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use our Products. You can learn how to access and delete the information we collect by visiting the settings.
Things you and others do and provide
- Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Products, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide. It can also include what you see through features we provide, such as our camera, so we can do things like suggest masks and filters that you might like, or give you tips on using camera formats. Our systems automatically process content and communications you and others provide to analyze context and what's in them for the purposes described below. Learn more about how you can control who can see the things you share.
- Networks and connections. We collect information about the people you are connected to and how you interact with them across our Products, such as people you communicate with the most or groups you are part of. We also collect contact information if you choose to upload, sync or import it from a device (such as an address book or call log or SMS log history), which we use for things like helping you and others find people you may know and for the other purposes listed below.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use our Products, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you're using and have last used our Products, and what posts, videos and other content you view on our Products. We also collect information about how you use features like our camera.
- Information about transactions made on our Products. If you use our Products for purchases or other financial transactions (such as when you make a purchase or make a donation), we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information; other account and authentication information; and billing, shipping and contact details.
- Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyze content, communications and information that other people provide when they use our Products. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo of you, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our Products, and we combine this information across different devices you use. For example, we use information collected about your use of our Products on your phone to better personalize the content or features you see when you use our Products on another device, such as your laptop or tablet.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
- Device operations: information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded, or mouse movements (which can help distinguish humans from bots).
- Identifiers: unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, such as from other Smart Tags Products associated with the same device or account).
- Device signals: Bluetooth signals, and information about nearby Wi-Fi access points, beacons, and cell towers.
- Data from device settings: information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, connection speed and, in some cases, information about other devices that are nearby or on your network, so we can do things like help you stream a video from your phone to your TV.
II. How do we use this information?
Provide, personalize and improve our Products.
We use the information we have to deliver our Products, including to personalize features and content and make suggestions for you.
- Information across Smart Tags Products and devices: We connect information about your activities on different Smart Tags Products and devices to provide a more tailored and consistent experience on all Smart Tags Products you use, wherever you use them. We can also make your experience more seamless, for example, by automatically filling in your registration information (such as your phone number) from one Smart Tags Product when you sign up for an account on a different Product.
- Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our Products, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new products and features.
Promote safety, integrity and security.
We use the information we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our Products, and promote safety and security on and off of Smart Tags Products. For example, we use data we have to investigate suspicious activity or violations of our policies or terms.
Communicate with you.
We use the information we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Products, and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
III. How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Sharing on Smart Tags Products
People and accounts you share and communicate with
When you share and communicate using our Products, you choose the audience for what you share, such as an individual person, a business, a customized list of people and/or businesses, or public. If you choose to make your message private, only the listed accounts will be able to see your message by inputting a special code sent to their email or mobile number that you specified. If you choose to make your message public, anyone with access to scan the Product will be able to see the message.
Content others share or reshare about you
You should consider who you choose to share with, because people who can see your message on our Products can choose to share it with others on and off our Products, including people and businesses outside the audience you shared with. For example, when you share a message to specific friends or accounts, they can download, screenshot, or reshare that content to others across or off our Products.
Apps, websites, and third-party integrations on or using our Products.
When you choose to use third-party apps, websites, or other services that use, or are integrated with, our Products, they can receive information about your account, such as name and identifier, and activities related to their services. But apps and websites you use will not be able to receive any other information about your account, including contacts. Information collected by these third-party services is subject to their own terms and policies, not this one.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our Products or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Sharing with Third-Party Partners
We work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve our Products or who use our Products in their businesses, which makes it possible to operate our companies and provide services to people around the world. We don't sell any of your information to anyone, and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide. Here are the types of third parties we share information with:
Partners offering goods and services in our Products.
When you buy something from a seller in our Products, the content creator or seller can receive your name, identifier and other information you share with them, as well as the information needed to complete the transaction, including shipping and contact details.
Vendors and service providers.
We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our Products are used, providing customer service, facilitating payments or conducting surveys.
Researchers and academics.
We may also provide anonymous and aggregated data to research partners and academics to conduct research that advances scholarship and innovation that support our business or mission, and enhances discovery and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being.
Law enforcement or legal requests.
We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests in the circumstances outlined below.
IV. How do the Smart Tags Companies work together?
Vimi shares infrastructure, systems and technology with other Smart Tags Companies to provide an innovative, relevant, consistent and safe experience across all Smart Tags Products you use. We also process information about you across the Smart Tags Companies for these purposes, as permitted by applicable law and in accordance with their terms and policies. We also work to understand how people use and interact with Smart Tags Products, such as understanding the number of unique users on different Smart Tags Products.
V. How can I manage or delete information about me?
We provide you with the ability to access, rectify, port and erase your data in your settings
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services and Smart Tags Products, or until your account is deleted - whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. When you choose to delete something you shared using our Products, we remove it from the application. Some of this information is permanently deleted from our servers; however, some things can only be deleted when you permanently delete your account.
When you delete your account, we delete things you have created and shared, and you won't be able to recover that information later. Things that others have shared with you isn't part of your account and won't be deleted. If you don't want to delete your account but want to temporarily stop using our Products, you can deactivate your account instead. To delete your account at any time, please visit the your settings.
VI. How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of Canada when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- When we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of the Products, violations of our policies or terms, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
Information we receive about you (including financial transaction data related to purchases made with Smart Tags Products) can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for terms violations for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other term violations.
VII. How do we operate and transfer data as part of our global services?
VIII. How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
We'll notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised policy before you choose to continue using our Products.
IX. How to contact us with questions
If you have questions about this policy, you can contact us as described below.
You can contact us online or by mail at: Smart Tags, Inc.ATTN: Privacy Operations
843 Richmond Street West, Toronto, ON, M6J 1E2, Canada
Date of Last Revision: October 6, 2021